Friday, April 27, 2007

Building the Bible Library...

Just got back from a local booksale at a historical society. Every April they open the doors to a big hall filled with tables covered with books. I have, of course, plenty of books at home, but my inability to pass up a booksale is how my basement got so cluttered.

In any event, i thought I was going to make my way through this sale without a single purchase until I got to their relatively small section of religious books.

Harper's Bible Commentary
The Interpreter's Bible (Vol. I - Introductory essays and Genesis & Exodus)
A spanking brand new copy of The Life Application Study Bible (NIV edition)
The New Bible Commentary

Each for a $1 a piece. The bible I already have a copy of (although of the NRSV which I don't particularly like), but I figured it might be nice to hand over to someone who doesn't have one. If you know of someone, let me know.

The commentaries, I didn't have. The Interpreter's should come in handy as I am learning about Genesis (more on that later...I promise). Now, why there was only the one volume is a mystery to me.

Library booksale tomorrow, but it's a weekly one so the pickings are slim on any particular Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home